Saturday 14 February 2015

The Valentine's Kit, NET-A-PORTER BEAUTY

I admit. I am starting to have a problem with all the beauty boxes that are available. I am a frequent shopper of Lookfantastic beauty boxes (my reviews here and here), I already received their February edition box, and this is not my first NET-A-PORTER beauty box. The Holiday one was briefly in stock during the sale so I purchased that one too, but since today is Valentine's day, I figured that there isn't a better way to celebrate it than with a box filled od lovely, so easy to love beauty stuff... I told you I was into them.


The name itself explains the origins of these boxes. It was created by NET-A-PORTER beauty team and is still available on their site- here- for 37.50 GBP, which might seem a lot, but if you count everything inside, it is not even close to its full price if everything was sold separately. You must also count the 20 Euros shipping cost which wasn't a problem for me because I chose to buy the box while purchasing some other things from the sale (beauty items on NET-A-PORTER were never on sale until now), but there's a chance that they will soon have a free shipping period, at least it was like that last year.


I mentioned that I also bought their Holiday beauty box and that one didn't have a booklet like this Valentine's day edition which contains brief information about the products inside.


There are 9 products in total, two of them are full sized and with an exception of the Hourglass Veil Mineral primer, they are all a decent size.


I am starting with Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream which basically convinced me that I really need this box. I am hearing so much about how good it is from bloggers all over the world that I decided to go for this mini 15 ml/0.5 fl.oz. tester. This cream usually comes in a 50 ml pot and has a 58.33 GBP price tag which is a lot, so I don't want to be stuck with a huge cream that I payed a fortune for and didn't like, and that is why this was a perfect solution for me. I was surprised by its description "A-list's secret weapon and a backstage favorite, this rich, nourishing moisturizer reduces the appearance of wrinkles and boosts elasticity to transform dull, dehydrated complexions". I mean, I was under an impression that this cream is more like a primer and read about it from bloggers who are quite young and probably don't struggle with wrinkles, and this seems to be an anti-aging product, which also isn't completely surprising since most of young teenagers couldn't afford to buy something like this. In any case, I am very happy that I have it, will try it and let you know what I think, and how it acted on my oily skin with large pores, which is starting to show the first signs of aging. Yaaaayyyy!


Next is a 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. bottle of Bamford's Geranium Hand & Body Wash, that usually comes in 250 ml bottle and costs 16.67 GBP. This is described as a "gentle and double-duty wash, and the ultimate edition to your bathroom with notes of Geranium blended with refreshing Peppermint and relaxing Lavender for a mood boosting fragrance. It is suitable for all skin types, free from parabens, sulfates and artificial fragrances with 85% of organic ingredients and containing Aloe Vera which delivers oxygen to the skin, strengthening tissue." To me it smells minty, is very invigorating and energy full and would be a good choice for you morning shower people out there.


Next product that I am mentinong is LAFCO's Chamomile Lavender 130 g/4.5 oz. bar of soap which is currently sold out on NET-A-PORTER's site but costs 11.66 GBP in its huge full size version of 240 g. "Made by hand, this luxurious bar cleanser contains nourishing Coconut and Almond Oils and is enriched with Silk Proteins for a rich, skin-softening lather."


Next product is a full size one, the foaming Radical Skincare Revitalizing Mask in a 30 ml/1 fl.oz. bottle. It is also currently unavailable on NET-A-PORTER, but I looked for it on other web sites where it is also sold out (maybe a good sign) but I found a price and saw that it costs 54 Euros. Also a high price tag and definitely a pro for buying this kit/box. "This innovative formula activates on the skin - watch as champagne-like bubbles deliver oxygen and nutrients to where your skin needs it the most for a lasting youthful glow." Sounds different and I can't wait to try it out. I will definitely write more about this one.


Jurlique Nutri-Define Superior Retexturizing Face Serum comes in a 15 ml/0.5 fl.oz. bottle, while its full size is 30 ml/1 fl.oz. bottle costs 71.67 GBP. So, in my opinion this is an extremely valuable edition to this beauty box. "The brand's potent Biosome5 formula works below the surface to firm sagging skin, while Ginseng Root Extract brightens for instant radiance, with invigorating minty scent." Ok. Don't worry. I am aware that this is a little bit more hardcore product, too strong for my skin so I am giving it to my mother, but I already explained her that she has to remember everything about it so I can let you know.


This one is without a doubt the cheapest little sample size that should be ashamed in this company- The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I am not saying that because I don't like this product. I have no clue how good or bad the product itself is, but it is a really small 5 ml/0.16 fl.oz. sample, in comparasment to its full size 30 ml BIG brother that costs 33.33 GBP. "Perfect makeup starts with a flawless base- apply this silky primer liberally (I would if I could) to conceal redness and minimize the appearance of pores. SPF 15 makes it ideal for sunny days in the city, too".


Next one is a basic makeup product - Eyeko Black Magic Drama & Curl Mascara. Never tried this one either but look forward to it. You get a 4 ml/0.3 fl.oz. little tube which is not bad. It is half of its full 8 ml/0.29 fl.oz. size which will cost you 16.67 GBP. It is described as a mascara that "adds volume, drama and curl to your lashes, is paraben-free, won't crumble or flake and stays put for 12 hours, plus it contains conditioning extracts for a luscious boost."


Also in the makeup category is this next item - Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel- Clear. You get a nice 2.5 ml/0.085 fl.oz. sample size which will probably be a very nice addition to my everyday makeup routine. The full size contains 7.93 g/0.28 oz. of product and costs 12.50 GBP. "This should keep your brows neatly in place all day and its non-sticky formula is fortified with essential oils that will help repair and protect."


And the last product in the box is Serge Norman Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing spray that also comes in a full size, 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. bottle. "Spritz onto wet or dry hair for a natural frizz-defying shine. Pro Vitamin B5 creates subtle texture without adding weight or greasiness."


That is it, all nine products and as you can see, this is a very respectable bunch. I am not sorry at all for purchasing this Valentine's day gift for myself. It seems that by choosing products everything was concentrated mostly on natural and anti-aging products.

How do you like this box? Interested? Don't find it interesting at all?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment