Saturday 21 February 2015

Caudalie Purifying Face Mask

I love weekends! After a long and busy week it is always nice to have some family and friends time, but also to enjoy some "me" time which includes face masks. Todays choice is Caudalie Purifying Mask.


"Instant purity: this non-drying Purifying Mask purifies and absorbs excess sebum for shine-free skin that feels clean with a clearer complexion.
Apply to the face twice a week for 10 minutes then rinse with water."



Soft clay, zinc and sage clean the skin and grape seed oil provides a more beautiful, nourished, healthy and shiny skin.


The thing that was a bit new to me is that you apply it on your wet skin. I get that that way ingredients will soak into the skin better, and that is probably why it is non-drying, but I had to remember to wet my face every time before applying the mask. 


If you read my blog posts, you already know that I really like Caudalie as a brand. I've written about it before and will most definitely review their products in the future. I respect that they aim to offer natural products without parabens, sulphates, phtalates, mineral oils and all the other ingredients that people more and more want to avoid. I am also impressed with the fact that they are against animal testing but always create really nice products. Their eye and lips polyphenol cream (review) ended up in my 2014. favorites (here) and I found out why Caudalie Beauty Elixir (review) is so popular. I loved it, too.


But this face mask didn't get to sit on the throne with them. Don't get me wrong. This is not a bad product. It calms down the skin and fights irritation and redness, but does that for only a short period of time. My skin is oily with large pores and occasionally with some "that time of the month" spots, and this mask did make my skin more vibrant, but it didn't clean out my pores or remove my spots. So, if you have a problematic skin with breakouts, I would look further. Maybe, this one would be best for dry skin that sometimes goes a little crazy, but not too crazy. Also, don't leave it on the face for longer than 10 minutes because then it can be a little drying.


Its texture is very light, almost like mousse but more consistent, and its smell is a typical Caudalie. Grape seed oil with herbs. Lots of people don't like the smell of their products but I don't mind them


It comes in a 50 ml tube with a narrow top which allows you to get just enough product, and costs 184 kunas in Croatia (about 24 Euros/17.71 GBP/27.21 $). Not cheap but I wouldn't mind to pay that price if this product completely worked for me. In Croatia you can buy it in all Farmacia stores or order it online.

ingredients

I will definitely use it up because it is OK but I will not buy it again. This doesn't mean that my opinion on Caudalie changed. I am just continuing my search for the products that are like they were made for me.


What do you say? Have you tried this face mask? Do you like Caudalie? Which are their HG products for you?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007 



No comments:

Post a Comment