Sunday 1 March 2015

My February 2015. favourites!

Monthly Favourites and Empties are one of my favourite posts to read and since February 2015. is behind us (can you believe it?), I decided to write about them. Empties are almost regular on my blog, Favourites not so much but this past month I discovered a few great products that I really want to share with you.


It seems that the number of favourite products is equally divided between beauty (care) products and make-up, but I am starting with beauty products that we all use in order to shine brighter with our favourite make-up products.


Two of them are for cleaning the face, La Roche-Posay micelle solution and ALPHA-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera, and one is a cream- Murad's Skin Perfecting lotion for combination skin. To be honest, I love all of them!
My evening routine starts with micelle solutions. I tried many and think that I can really say that La Roche-Posay's version is amazing. It has at least Bioderma status (review), maybe it is even a bit better. It removes eye make-up perfectly, doesn't hurt or sting my eyes at all, and it is not drying for the sensitive skin around the eyes. If you are a fan of LRP and micelle solutions, you really have to try this one!
After this first step of cleaning my skin in the evening, I follow it with some kind of gel or lotion that washes off with water. I really like this step. Without water, I don't have a feeling that my skin is really clean.  This ALPHA-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera was a huge but positive surprise for me. It is a lotion, not a gel, which is so rich that at first I thought that it was some kind of a face lotion that removes make-up from dry skin, but then I read the instructions that said that it is supposed to be used on damp/wet skin and washed off or removed with a wet cloth. I tell you poeple, you have to try it! This leaves my skin so velvety smooth that I don't think I ever tried anything that good. Since both of these products deserve their own review, I will stop here. More information will follow soon on my blog.
And the last face care product is Murad's Skin Perfecting lotion for combination skin that deals with imperfections. This one also deserves its own review and it will most certainly get it. I bought it because it was on sale for such a great price that I couldn't resist, but when I tried it, I was thrilled with how it performed as well. You can read about it here.


And then there's make-up. We have four products in this category. Two creamy like shadows, a blush and a balm stain.



Since I start doing my make-up with eyes, I'll start with the shadows. One of them, Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in the shade Illusoire, was mentioned many, many times on my blog, it even got its place in my 2014. Favourites (here), and if you want to know more about it, I have a full review here. I wore it a lot, which you can see from the amount of product that is left in the pot. I wore it mostly by itself but in February I tried to wear it in combination with MAC's Let's Skate and I loved that combo. I got so many compliments every time when I wore them that they became my February Staple. Let's Skate has a light pink base with very fine golden glitter and Illusoire has lavender base with touch of silver. Together they look magical and last much longer on the eyes than either of them by themselves.


Next one is Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in the shade Radiant Magenta. I purchased it a year ago and kind of ignored it in a sense that it never got a post on my blog, although I featured it in one of my New In's (here). I just didn't know what I feel about it. But then...this February came, I started using it and fell completely in love. I definitely have to write that review now. (I did write it later here)


And the last make-up product in this Favourites is Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Crush. It is a beautiful red and purple shade. I wrote about it here, with some other shades from the line. Although I loved this shade from the beginning, it is a bit darker than I'm used to wear and outside my comfort zone, so our first moments together were rare, but then I got so many compliments from different people who convinced me that I have to wear it more often that by time it became my everyday colour.


I am going to finish this Favourites post with a perfume... Let me introduce you to Lolita Lempicka. It was a gift and at first I thought that it will be too strong for me, but then I started wearing it last autumn and everything else is history. It is a stronger and sweet perfume but it smells good on my skin. I got so many compliments when I wore it, and think that it is perfect for colder weather. Since my description isn't exactly great, I am leaving you Fragrantica Link where you can read more about it.


And that were all of them. Penny for your thoughts? Have you tried any of tem? What do you think?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment