Sunday 25 January 2015

LUSH SANTA'S lip scrub

Except for the Rose Jam body wash that I got in a Lush present for Christmas from a friend of mine, this is the last Lush product from their holiday collection that I bought for myself. I already wrote posts about Holly Golightly and Christmas Hegdehog bubble bars (click on them for reviews) but wanted to say a few words about this scrub also. It is a part of Lush's holiday collection for a couple of years now, so I guess it will be again next year, and because of the way it looks it is very appropriate for Valentine's day, too.


On Croatian Lush site I found a scrub in Valentine's day collection that looks exactly the same (maybe more pink) - The Kiss. There's no information about the taste or smell of it, but if it is Coke, then it is basically the same product, with a different name. As I already said, Santa's has a Coca-Cola smell and flavour, actually more like Hubba Bubba Coke flavoured bubblegums.


As all the other Lush lip scrubs, this one also comes in a 25 g glass jar with a lid and it will cost you 60 kunas (about 7.79 Euros/5.83 GBP/8.73$), and if you still manage to find it in Lush stores you will pay 50% less for it because it is on sale.


It is red with small red hearts on the top.


To use it, take a small amount on your finger and scrub your lips to make them nicer and softer, then lick the rest of it off (it is natural and sugar based) or wash it off with water and apply your favourite lip balm. Since it is made from natural ingredients you can use it in the morning and in the evening, but I use it only once a day, usually in the evening, and that is enough for my lips to stay nice and healthy.


This is my second Lush lip scrub, I also have Bubblegum which is available all year round, and I wrote about it here before.


If I compare the two I must say that Santa's texture is more moist and softer, but as good of a scrub as Bubblegum. The main and practically only difference is the smell and the taste of them. I am aware that you can make something like this by yourself at home, but this is also a good alternative. And as with all of the Lush's products, you can recycle its packaging. Put the jar into recycling bin for glass and you can bring the lid to Lush stores.


This scrub has natural ingredients and list of them is visible in the picture below.


This product does exactly what it says, and it is good at it. I am glad that I have it but understand if you are not into it. If you are interested in it but can't find it anymore, try The Valentine's day one or choose one from their permanent line, perhaps Bubblegum.


So, what do you say? Interested or not at all?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment