Sunday 4 January 2015

LUSH HOLLY GOLIGHTLY bubble bar

I am well aware of the fact that Holidays are almost gone. December just flew by me and I was sooo busy that I never got a chance to try out those few products that I bought from Lush's Christmas line. But, when I browsed through the internet, I noticed that there are so many sales and deals on those products that I've figured that I'll write this post, just in case... In Croatia, the Christmas/Holiday line is reduced by 50%.


I'll start with a bubble bar that made me enter the shop when I saw it on the table. Holly Golightly bubble bar. It was sparkly, smelled nice and oh, so festive!


Here is what Lush has to say about it:
"Baby, it’s cold outside but we’ve got the cure for what…well…makes you cold! Crumble Holly Golightly under warm running water and you’ll start to warm up the moment the spicy clove, cinnamon and patchouli oil fragrance hits your nose. Breathe deep and luxuriate in the soothing, festive scent. Hop in the tub, sink deep into those warming waters and let the cold (and your troubles) melt away like a snowman in summer. See? Now don’t you feel warmer already?"


This is a very large 200 g bubble bar that would be enough for four uses, by my experience. It costed 49.00 kunas before but now we can buy it for 24.50 kunas (about 3.83$/3.16 Euros/2.46 GBP), and you can find it in Lush stores or online, of course if it is in stock, and since it is so beautiful and nice, hurry!


It has a bit strong and spicy scent, but also soft at moments, thanks to the yellow part on top, which smells like the moon on Christmas Eve bubble bar (review here). I smell cinnamon the most. It is covered in silver and blue glitter, but only on surface, the inside is green as Hudson river on St. Patrick's day. When I first tried it, it reminded me of Grinch (but from the part when he became good) and the movie "Elf".


I suppose that you already know the drill with Lush bubble bars, but in case you are new to them, here's a little help. You take your bubble bar, or, in this case, a piece of it, and crumble it under running water. Then just leave it and let it do its magic.The foam it creates is insane! Pure luxury, and it stays foamy until the end of your bath.


When this bubble bar comes in contact with water, its scent becomes more intensive and spicy. I almost smelled pine, which could be just in my head since everything was so green. After a few minutes there is that subtle smell again and I must say that my family members commented on it as wonderful.

in the beginning

I must also mention that it seemed to me that it has some nourishing oils in it, because the water was very soft and left my skin even softer. No, I don't think that it is a substitute for body lotions, I applied body cream after my bath, but it surely didn't dry my skin out.

the back of my bath tub was quite green

Here is the list of ingredients which help it to do its magic:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine , Cornflour (Zea mays) , Clove Leaf Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Benzyl Cinnamate , Coumarin , Hexyl Cinnamal , Fragrance , Green 8 , Blue 1 , Yellow 8 , Red 27 , Red 4 , Blue 4 , Silver Glimmer Lustre (Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Potassium aluminium silicate.

enjoy your bath time wit luxurious foam (I used a half of my bar)
 
and a touch of green

To be honest, I loved it and although Christmas is gone, winter is still upon us and this bar can make it cozier and warmer when needed, and of course, it is reduced now.

Have you tried it? Any other Holiday products?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007



No comments:

Post a Comment