Tuesday 3 July 2012

Avon Ideal Flawless Liquid Foundation

Hey everyone!!!
I have been wanting to write this post for the longest time but never did?! Does that happen to you? I was thinking about it and writing it in my mind but never actually took my laptop and typed it....
Well, better late than never, so here it is.

Maybe it is a good thing that I waited because I tested it out for a longer period of time and it was tested with this crazy heat that is currently in Croatia.
I bought it based on a recommendation of gossmakeupartist (click for link). He was raving about it and I just had to have it. When I first got it, I was puzzled. What is so special about this foundation? It is a liquid foundation that feels somewhere between liquid and mousse (not sure how to describe it), it is very light and has a light to medium coverage.


When I bought it, my face was acting strangely and I had a HUUUUGE pimple.  I tell you, if I traded Quasimodo's hump for my pimple, it still wouldn't look as bad. Of course, I messed with it so it became not only bigger but also crusty and purple. I know, disgusting. But....that's the way life can be.
Then, I didn't like it. It didn't cover my pimple at all and it emphasised the dryness of my skin (which is oily) but that crust on top of that pimple was shouting to people around me, I swear!

As the time went by, the pimple went away and my usual skin with only some redness and discolouration was left with me. In that case, this foundation was AMAZING!!!!
I have been reaching for it again, and again, and again.... It deals with this weather nicely although I recommend that you set it with a powder, especially if you have oily skin. It gives a dewey finish, but not so dewey that us, people with oily skin couldn't use it. I LOVE IT!!!

As I said sooner, it gives light to medium coverage (Avon claims full coverage but I disagree). Light, if you use your fingers to apply it, and medium if you use brushes (I use two pumps for the whole face and neck). It is buildable, but this is a foundation that looks almost invisible on your skin. It is very light. Your skin can get a bit shiny as the day goes by, but that depends on the weather and your skin type. The smell is light and not offensive to me.
It comes in five shades in Croatia, 12 in the UK, 17 in the USA, 16 in Germany.



In my opinion, it is suitable for all skin types but I wouldn't recommend it if your skin is so dry that it is peeling on some places because it will cling to those spots, and I also wouldn't recommend it if you have acne. It can be a nice starting point but you will have to use Lisa Eldriges's method of concealing (click for link) with a different product to get a flawless look. If you are the one with that problem, watch her video. You won't belive the difference.
I have larger pores on my nose and around it and it doesn't settle in them.

It wears well. Eight hours are no problem. So you are fine for work (more or less). It stays even longer but it will not look as flawless.
I was wondering how it will look in the summer because of that almost oily consistency that it has and slightly dewey finish but I am enjoying it very much and I don't have a feeling that my skin is trying to breath without any success.

It also has an SPF 15 which is a plus. I had it on when I took some pictures and haven't noticed any white cast. That is just my experience, but I haven't seen a difference. My shade is nude but it looks good on me even now when I have some tan.

#nude# with flash
#nude# without flash

You get 30 ml of product. It's price is $11 but it is on sale for $8.99 in the USA, 12 GBP (what a price difference?!), 14 Euros or 65 kunas in Croatia. The packaging looks expensive. It is a glass bottle but I traveled with it and had no problems. It also has a pump which I like but you can't really control the amount you will get.


INGREDIENTS:
cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, aqua, glycerin, alumina, titanium dioxide dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, alcohol denat, dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer, tocopherol, petrolatum, polysilicone-11, boron nitride, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, aluminum hydroxide, caprylyl methicone, stearic acid, disodium edta, talc, PEG/PPG-20/23 dimethicone, triethoxycaprylylsilane, aluminum dimyristate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, silica, dypropylene glycol, methicone, laureth-12, parfum, methylparaben, (+/- CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, MICA, CI 77163)

So, my verdict is "LIKE".

What do you say? Tried it? Tempeted?

Tell me.....

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment