Friday 17 June 2016

STARSKIN Instaglam Foaming Peeling Perfection Puff & STARSKIN Brightening Bio-Cellulose Second Skin After Party face mask

A year ago, when I received these two products in my Selfridges Summer Beauty Box, STARSKIN was a complete unknown and new brand for me. Today it is very well known on the market, and in Croatia you can find their products in Douglas. The idea behind this brand is to team up Starskin skincare experts with dermatologists and make-up artists-to-the-stars to get you camera-ready. STARSKIN products contain top natural ingredients which is also a plus in my book!


Somewhere at the end of May the skin on my face got out of control. I usually don't have skin issues... I have combination to oily skin with enlarged pores and some small red parts which are visible only because of my pale complexion, I do get a spot or two around "that time of the month" but all in all, I can't really complain. But last month it looked horrible! I had a huge red spot on the tip of my nose, few of its cousins on my chin and I couldn't resist the urge to deal with them using my fingers, so they became even worse and my skin was not only red but also flaky. Then I remembered that last summer I received STARSKIN products in Selfridges Summer Box, STARSKIN Instaglam Foaming Peeling Perfection Puff and STARSKIN Brightening Bio-Cellulose Second Skin After Party face mask, and decided to put them in action!


When I used them, I started with The STARSKIN Instaglam Foaming Peeling Perfection Puff so I will also start this review with it.


By the words of STARSKIN, this peeling puff provides advanced exfoliation, smoothes skin texture, deep cleans, evens skin tone and boosts radiance! This patented pre-dosed peeling and foaming puff exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. The puff creates an intense brightening and renewing effect without irritation and is safe for all skin types. Innovative fermentation technology provides an efficient and effective solution to eliminate dead skin cells, impurities, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and create an even skin tone.


The puff comes in a cardboard sachet that provides you with information about the product itself, marketing this puff as an easy, effective and safe solution for removal of dead skin cells which can cause dull skin and clogged pores.


The patented puff is infused with natural AHA ingredients, natural plant extracts and advanced fermentation formula to gently exfoliate skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and creating a lustrous radiant skin tone. It can be used alone or as a prep before skin care products to stimulate penetration of active ingredients, some of which are skin renewing carrot extract, brightening turnip extract, soothing broccoli, illuminating tomato extract, calming aloe, moisturizing olive leaf, brightening rice, purifying arginine and skin renewing lactic acid.


The puff is hidden inside of another aluminum sachet. That is because there is a very special way of using this puff.


First of all, your face has to be completely clean and a bit moist.


Then you tear sachet open and lightly sprinkle a few drops of water inside.


Create a rich lather inside sachet by squeezing puff with your fingers.


When foam is created, gently scrub entire face, concentrating on forehead and nose for 2-3 minutes, avoiding contact with eyes. Lastly, rinse face with water and dry. Skin will be smooth, bright and naturally glowing. For ultimate effect, you can follow with some of the Starskin Bio-Cellulose face masks. The puff is disposable, but you can use it up to 3 times, which I can confirm.


You get one 16 g puff per packaging which contains 16 ml bottle of formula, situated on top of this puff and as you keep using it, you can see the formula disolving. The bottom part of the puff is made from some kind of mildly scrubby material which goes on your face.

you can see the product on top disolving

My experience with this puff is amazing!!! I totaly agree with all the claims for this product. This really is a great product which helped me immediately with my skin. After first apllication my skin became more bright and smooth, after second use it was perfectly healthy and smooth, and after third use I was sad to see it gone.... And if I will have problems with my skin again, I will definitely buy this puff! But then again, I will probably buy it just to have it on hand if things go wrong with my skin again. Starskin recommends to use this puff 1-2 per week.

list of ingredients

The puff has a very light and quite neutral scent which I don't think anyone would mind. You can buy it on Selfridges site, Asos or in Douglas here in Croatia for about 80 kn (7 GBP). If you aren't dealing with dry spots or dull skin all the time, I don't think that you have to use this puff on regular basis. But once a month, or every other month this puff should help your skin look very nice. I've read reviews for this puff and some say that its effect is not very long-lasting. I disagree. My complexion stayed beautiful and smooth for a while now.


The second STARSKIN product that I tried and that I am reviewing is The STARSKIN Brightening Bio-Cellulose Second Skin After Party face mask.


STARSKIN claims that this face mask is intensely energizing, radiance boosting, evens skin tone, corrects dark-spots and smoothes skin texture. It is also made with top natural ingredients some of which are moisturizing coconut, stimulating tetrapeptide-2, omega-3 purslane, moisturizing mallow, refining vitamin C, brightening cowslip, healing gentian root, renewing sugar maple, probiotic Lactobaccilus and dark-spot correcting herbal melody.


This brightening Bio-Cellulose face mask is made of naturally fermented coconut juice and also comes in aluminum sachet. This is a sheet, second skin mask, made from advanced premium mask material that adheres like a second skin and is very gentle, so it is suitable for all skin types. In this packaging you get one 40 g mask, that is infused with 1 full 30 ml bottle of serum.


The mask should be applied to cleansed and towel dry skin. Before opening sachet, you should use fingertips to gently distribute serum evenly and then carefully take out mask and unfold. Remove protective film layers from the mask and place mask on face, adjusting eye, nose and mouth openings to fit. Smooth folds or air pockets on mask for optimal skin contact. Leave on for 20-25 minutes, remove mask and discard. Gently pat the remaining serum into the skin until fully absorbed. You don't need to rinse your face. If you want an even more refreshing feeling, refrigirate the unopened sachet for 10 minutes before use. Recommended use of this mask is 1-2 times per week.


Personally, the child inside of me loves sheet masks because they are fun! But they are also not very practical. You can use them only once and they aren't cheap. One mask will cost you about 80 kn (8 GBP).

list of ingredients

My experience with this mask is also very positive. It makes your face look more rested, bright and healthy but it isn't as long-lasting as the effect of smooth and beautiful skin that you get with the puff. Also, after using this mask my face was a bit sticky which I wasn't crazy about. I still use the rest of the serum that is left in the sachet in the evening, every other day and I didn't experience that sticky feeling again, so I guess my face drank as much serum as it needed and the rest was sitting on top of my skin when I used the mask. Because of its price and the fact that you can use it only once, I am not sure that I will immediately buy it again, but I would be really happy to get it in a beauty box again, which means that I really did like it! And another thing that I almost forgot to mention, thet I am sure some of you would like to know, is that it doesn't have any particular scent, at least I didn't smell anything special.

Have you tried any of the STARSKIN products? Interested? What do you think of these two?


Tell me...


Love, beautyandbrains007



For Croatian version of this post click here

No comments:

Post a Comment