Tuesday 15 April 2014

I've been busy: March empties (2014.)

Can you belive that another month is over? And not only that. April is in full bloom. Can't belive how time goes by... Must be that I am getting older. ;)



I was moderately "busy" using up my products in March. Some of my empties had their own moments on my blog and some will get their place in todays post.



At the beginning of March I was in Poland, so I had a chance to use up some of my smaller sized products.



Clinique Three step set helped a bit. It is a set for dry to combination skin and contains liquid facial soap-mild, clarifying lotion and dramatically different moisturizing lotion.



I tried the dramatically different moisturizing lotion before (wasn't crazy about it) but the other products were completely new to me.



The gel was OK. It did its job, but the lotion was quite agressive and I wouldn't use it for a longer period of time. Although I have combination skin with extremely oily T-zone, it was just too drying for me, and it is ment for dry to combination skin. I wouldn't recommend it.



Ziaja orange butter creamy shower soap was great! I had a feeling that I was washing myself with freshly squeezed orange juice, without the pulpe (which is a good thing). It has a very strong orange scent so if you are not into that, stay away from it! It is both light and creamy and I really liked it.



I also tried Sisley gentle eye and lip make-up remover with botanical extracts. It was very nice but I guess that it is also very expensive so I will stick to my usual routine and more wallet friendly choices that do a great job, like my new find- Garnier Miccelar Water.
I used up a small sized Balea night elixir- cell energy and I must admit that I liked it. It won't be my all time favorite but it might find its place in my travel make-up bag again.



And my last trial version product is Avon Planet Spa face mask with Dead sea minerals. It was a part of a packaging with several samples of different planet spa masks. I like these masks a lot, and this one isn't an exception. I had it before and I will probably have it again in the future. I don't know how much I paid for this set because it was bought a long time ago.



And now onto the big boys items. So let start with a huge one. Avon Winter Cocoon shower cream with luxurious sandalwood and vanilla. When I saw this picture just before winter, expecting it to be cold and snowy, I was thinking on relaxing nights in the comfort of my home. That rough winter never came to Croatia, but I used it up nevertheless. Its scent is very soft and warm and I really liked it.



March was also full of Lush products!



After the serious damage that I did during  the 50% off Christmas sale- link, you'll be seeing lots of these products. This month I used up Melting Marshmallow Moment luxury bath oil...review.


Melting Marshmallow Moment
Rose Queen ballistic
Creamy Candy bubble bar

Rose Queen ballistic and Creamy Candy bubble bar- reviews, are not a must have products but they add a little something to the whole bath experience. Creamy Candy is a good buble bar, but my number one all year round bubble bar is still Comforter (and my all time favorite is Christmas Eve buble bar, available just around Christmas time- review).



To keep my skin nourished after all that washing up, I used up a Bottega Verde hand cream. It was a part of a Christmas set along with a body gel. It has a gingerbread smell and if you like it you will love this one! I loved how it performed. Very silky and nourishing but I must warn you that it contains parabens so if you are into organic products, skip it.
My second helper was Balea In Shower body milk. This is an amazing product that I raved about before- here. It is a strong competition to Nivea In shower body milks. In my opinion, it wins that race. If you hadn't try it, don't wait anymore. Get it! It is very affordable and performs beautifully. I still have days when I use a classic body cream/lotion to keep my dry spots moist (elbows for instance always need a little bit more of TLC).



My all time favorite that you've seen so many times here, also found its way to this post. Nivea Fresh Natural roll on is great for me and this, for sure, isn't the last bottle that you'll see on my blog.



One product that I am really sad to see go is Caudalie Beauty Elixir that I wrote about-here. It is great! No better way to freshen up in the morning! Loved it, used it up and will have it again.
In the back of this Elixir, there is an used up small package of the Clinique Moisture Surge eye mask. I bought a whole box and plan to write a separate post so I'll stop here.



I also used up a couple of make-up items. Mainly MAC.



 MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade medium lasted a little bit more than two years for me, and you can see that everything is gone. It was nice and quite natural. The plus is that it looks very natural and will not leave you with a cake face, but if you have oily skin, it might be a little too light for you and you will need to reapply it during the day to keep the shine off.
The other MAC product that I used up is their famous Painterly Paint Pot. Love <3 it! This is an amazing product that a lot of people characterisze as a base but I wouldn't say that it has the same performance as eyeshadow primers. It is a base in a sense that it leaves a nice canvas to enhance the colour and beauty of your eyeshadow but it tends to crease so I personally put I primer before it. It also hides all the discolorations. It is more rosy toned, so if your complexion is more yellowy, go with Soft Ochre. It dries out quite quickly but you can prolonge it by storing it with the cap down. It helps, belive me!



And the last emptie is miss L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess mascara. For me a gem. I already have a new tube. It gives my lashes a false lash effect so if you are more into natural look, keep searching.

That were all of my March empties. 
What did you use up?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007



No comments:

Post a Comment