Sunday 8 March 2015

Charlotte Tilbury, The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in the shade Audrey

Is it strange that I am so excited about a new makeu-up post?! It has been a while from my last make-up edition so writing this Charlotte Tilbury review just brings me so much joy... To be honest, another happy factor is that it is finally sunny in Croatia. It seems that spring is here, I bought some fresh cut flowers, hyacinth, that filled my rooms with an amazing scent and it is such a refreshment from the candles that I usually burn. Don't get me wrong, I love candles but this is waayyy better. Let's get back to make-up. I have been really into CT products. I first made a CT purchase a year ago (here), and then got a bit carried away later in the year (here). Now, it is time to write a word or two about them. We'll start today with The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in the shade Audrey.


A dark brown shade that looks almost black, which was equally inviting for me as a shade and as a reminder of Audrey Hepburn. I admit, I am guilty. I love Audrey's stile and aspire to look so put together and sophisticated in my daily looks, too. It is not that I always succeed, but at least I try. :)


This is how Charlotte Tilbury describes it:
"Cheat the classic, chic groomed-girl look with no effort. Enriched with a mix of fine opaque powders and specially-blended oils, THE CLASSIC Eyeliner Powder Pencil gives you a soft, subtle, blendable line that is easy to control. The result is chic and timeless: Perfect for a natural daytime look or buildable at night for a sophisticated sexy smoky eye. A mix of fine opaque powders and specially-blended oils creates a soft, subtle line that is easy to apply. Enriched with soothing allantoin, to be gentle on the delicate eye area."


When I first started playing with this eyeliner, I was surprised how rough and dry it was, which disappointed me. Then I warmed it up a bit on my hand and it worked much better, but it isn't so soft and "glidy" as UD 24/7 glide on pencils (review). Today, after using it for quite some time now, I can say that with time and each new sharpening it becomes softer and less dry, but never achieves UD status. On the other hand, this eyeliner will last you longer because of that, since you don't have to sharpen it that often.


Its pigmentation is really good. I aplly it along my top lash line and on the outer edge of my bottom lash line for a soft and almost cat eye look. You can put it in your waterline but it will "move" there a bit.

this is how intense it looks at the end of the day

And then there is its staying power. It lasts on my eyes the whole day. I apply it early in the morning before going to work and it stays there until I remove my make-up in the evening. Of course, it fades a bit and looks more smoky, but your eyes will still have some conture. There are many ways how you can apply and wear it to begin with, and CT herself offers you some advice on that too (link). But, I must say that in my opinion if you have really oily eyelids, your eyes are watery or you sweat, this will probably smudge on you.


The Classic Eyeliner Powder pencils from CT come in a 1.1 g size and cost 16 GBP. They are not available in Croatia but you can order them online form Charlotte Tilbury's website or from Net-a-Porter and Selfridges. Shipping costs vary from 15-25 Euros but Net-a-Porter occasionally offers free shipping so that isn't a bad time to try something from CT. 


In my opinion, CT has much better products and if I had to choose my favourite between this Classic CT eyeliner and UD 24/7 eyeliners, I would vote and go for UD. While this is still an OK product and I will use it up, I expect more from CT and wouldn't buy eyeliners from The Classic line again, but would love to try Rock N' Kohl liners because I heard and read a lot of good things about them. CT has amazing products but for me this one isn't quite up there.

Ingredients:Ethylhexyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Copernicia Cerifera Cera), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Ceresin, Paraffin, Talc, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Bht, Tin Oxide, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)]

What do you say about Charlotte Tilbury make-up? Have you tried any of her products? Any recommendations?  



Tell me...
Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment