Sunday 27 April 2014

Lush of the week: Lush Rose Jam bubble bar

By now, you are probably used to my Lush posts, especially the ones about bath products. Since bubble bars are my favourite type of bath luxury products, I was very happy to try Rose Jam, which was a part of a Think pink set that I bought for 50% less.


When I saw this french macaron like bar in bright pink colour, it was love at first sight! Rose Jam has two parts which is great because by dividing them in half you immediately have two uses.


It is marketed as a product with a rich rose scent, and yes there is a hint of rose, but to me it smells more like tea with honey. It has a stronger scent in the beginning but it disappears too soon, if you are drawn to this bubble bath because of its scent.


It is a bit oily in texture, probably because it contains virgin coconut oil and shea butter, which makes it more nourishing than you expect a bubble bath to be.


Like all the other bubble bars, you must crush it under running water and leave your tub to fill in, and then you should just enjoy luxurious foam.


This is how Lush describes it:
Pep your spirits in a bath filled with Rose Jam: lemon, rose and geranium oil will help perk you up, while coconut oil and shea butter leave you feeling gorgeous. You’ll end up feeling as cheered as though you'd been been given a bunch of flowers. Rose oil and rose absolute give a double dose of rosiness, rose it's mind-clearing and used by aromatherapists as a mood booster.


Rose Jam bubble bar is available all year round and you can buy it directly from Lush shops or order it online. For a 100 g bar in Croatia you will pay 44 kunas which is about 8$, 5.78 Euros, 4.75 GBP. When I was researching for this post I looked at other countries sites to check the prices, and was surprised that Lush is cheaper in the UK, where you will pay 3.50 GBP for it. But, since I got mine in a set which was reduced for 50%, I got a good deal.


And now it is my turn to share my experience with this one. It was OK but it didn't have an amazing scent for my taste. Also, the foam wasn't luxurious enough. And just when I wanted to look the other way and say that the reason for that is my cheap nature and the fact that I cut them in half, I cut a piece of my beloved Christmas eve and it immediately made my bath experience magical.... Wonderful scent and luxurious foam gave me just what I needed after a long work day. The difference was huge!

from start


to finish

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Tartaric acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocos nucifera, Lauryl Betaine, Fair Trade shea butter- Butyrospermum parkii, Perfume, Rosa damascena, Pelargonium graveolens, Rosa damascena, Citrus limonum), Cocamide DEA, PEG-6 gliceridi kaprilne , Coumarin, Geraniol, Citronellol, *limonen (*Limonene), Titanium Dioxide, Colour 17200.


To conclude, my advice to you would be to start your Lush experience with a different bubble bar because this isn't their best one. Of course, if you are crazy about the scent, go for it but, for example, Comforter is much nicer. I wouldn't buy it individually again.

Which is your favourite Lush bubble bar?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007




2 comments:

  1. Izgleda apsolutno slasno! Imam samo tus u Zagrebu pa konstantno zalim za kafom i mjehuricima :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Znaš šta ti je činiti?! Kada se vratiš doma, ti i Murki u kadu ;) Ako voli vodu kao većina mačaka, to će mu biti drugi život nakon što ste ga obradovali sa štenetom ;)

    ReplyDelete