Monday 20 August 2012

Eveline Pure Control SOS deeply cleansing tonic


By now you probably know that I like Eveline products. Most of them are really good. And when I came across this wonderful blue tonic, I was sold. You know...some girls will be attracted to glitter but I, if I see a nice blue colour...you know that I am going to get it ;).

the photo was taken after a few uses

 And since my bottle looks like this, now....


I decided that it is time to write a few words about it.

This tonic was created for problematic skin, against spots and blemishes. It is supposed to help you with unblocking pores, while refreshing and mattifiying your skin, it helps to fight with troublesome acne and restores natural skin pH. Yes, it promises A LOT!!!

It combines salicylic acid and soothing d-panthenol. Regulates the secretion of sebum and perfectly fights with spots and inflamed blemishes. 

For best results you should use it twice a day, in the mornings and in the evenings after washing your face, preferably with a Pure Control SOS product (their words, not mine).

I am not in war with spots but I have oily skin with large pores so I am always on a hunt for some new and incredible product which will help me to  unblock them. No luck so far...
So, if you can't tell, I am not blown away by this product.

Yes, it is OK, but certainly not breathtaking. It is ment for troublesome skin but somehow I don't think that it is that great for oily skin. I prefer tonics like those for teenagers. I know they can be too harsh but I like to feel like my skin is clean and sanitized. I don't get that feeling with this one. It is not bad and it didn't cause any irritation but I just don't think it is good enough.
Sure, my pores didn't get more blocked than usual, but they haven't magically cleared (even though I was using this product), I didn't get any huge spots or irritations (but I almost never get them), and that two little pimples that appear around my chin once a month (you know what I mean) were there as always. So, it was my daily companion but didn't really help me solve my problem. It didn't deep clean my pores.

I don't think that this is a must have product. If I would grade it from 1-5 (1 worse, 5 best) I would give it a 3!

It has a nice scent. Somewhere between soap and the smell of clean...you can smell a little bit of alcohol in it but it is not overpowering. I don't think the smell will bother anyone, besides it doesn't stay on the skin.

INGREDIENTS:
aqua/water, isopropyl alcohol, triethanolamine. salicylic acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil, PEG-75 lanolin, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate/ buteth 3/ propane tricarboxylic acid, panthenol, methylchloroisothiasolinone/methylisothiasolinon, fragrance, disodium EDTA, CI 42051.

You get 200 ml of product in the bottle and it will cost you around $4/2 GBP/ 2.50 Euros. I bought mine at DM and it lasted me for two months.

I love that this product wasn't tested on animals!!! BRAVO for that!!!

That is it from me.

What about you? Have you tried anything from the Pure Control SOS line? Got any recommendations for me?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007



5 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Did you come across some other scalp purifying products that worked well for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean face product? Well, this one wasn't bad but I wouldn't buy it again. Until recently, I always wanted something with alcohol (more of a teenager product) for my face but now, especially during winter they are too drying for me. I haven't found my holy grail product, yet, but I like Balea mild cleanser for combination skin. I've reviewed it so you can read more about it, I am currently using it and like it a lot (and the price is also unbelivable!). I hope I helped you a little...

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am using eveline sos control product .fase wash and tonic suits my skin but moisturizing cream do not suit my skin . what should i do.
    is it winter prouduct or summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Well, I don't know anything about the type of your skin, or the problems you are experiencing, so I can't really answer. I haven't tried the moisturizer so it is hard for me to say how it would perform but the toner wasn't too strong for my skin. Tipically, if your skin is combination or oily, you should get away with only moisturizers in the summer. But if your skin is oily or you have oily t-zone, you can use too much harsh products which can result in completely opposite effect than the one you are going for. Meaning, your skin can be even oilier if you are stripping too much natural oils and protection from it or it can even cause dryness and flakiness which aren't exactly what we wish for

      Delete
  4. Hellooo beautyandbrains00, It's 2021!! and i am looking for that eveline toner soooo badly i have been madly searching for it but i couldn't find it! any help?? thx

    ReplyDelete