Monday 7 May 2012

SYOSS DRY SHAMPOO ANTI-GREASE....

Hello everyone or anyone :))!!!

Today I decided to write a review of Syoss dry shampoo. I am not sure if this brand is available in most countries but I've seen it in Europe, it is sold in DM so I guess that most of us are familiar with it. I must admitt I am not a fan of their products but I was waiting for some more affordable dry shampoos to come to our market and here they are.

I am definitely more for good old washing hair with regular shampoo and water but it is nice to have an option for that extra day of "freshness" when you are too tired in the evenings or over slept in the mornings. Until now, I used the good old recipe which you all probably already know about, and that is baby powder. It is also great for adding some volume to your hair.

I am blond and have no problems with white residue on my hair but I understand how it can be more difficult for brunettes and redheads. So, these dry shampoos should help us all.

Syoss Anti-grease dry shampoo can be found in DM, Kozmo, Muller... I bought it in our national drugstore "Kozmo". It was about 30 kn/4,5 Euros/6 $ for 200 ml of product.

Ingredients: Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch, Alcohol denat., Butane, Propane, Parfum, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol.


Syoss recommends that you brush out your hair before application and they also advise to put a towel on your shoulders in order to prevent any stains on the clothes you are wearing. I didn't have any problems with that. Then you take small sections of your hair and apply dry shampoo on them from 20 cm distance. At the end take the towel and massage the product into your hair with it, then brush your hair again. If there is any residue of shampoo left in your hair, you can take a hair dryer and remove it. That should be it. Sounds simple but I don't like it.

The product itself is not bad, it does help with your hair to look less oily but it doesn't feel "clean" to me. It is not like I am expecting it to replace regular washing but it is still kind of greasy under my fingers. Also, the smell is HORRIBLE!!! It should be lemon scented but after about 30 seconds it smells like alcohol. Like I am an alcoholic who decided to stop drinking but all the fumes are still leaving my skin. I know... Disgusting, but it really is that bad.

I will not repurchase this product!!!

And the second thing I don't like is that although this bottle looks good sized, there is not as much product in it. If your hair is long, you will get aproximately 5 applications out of this product. That is not much for your money. But the decision is yours to be made.

I know that DM has a dry shampoo (from their own brand- Balea) and it is more affordable then this one and smells fruity. I bought it earlier but gave it to a friend of mine so will have to repurchase it and make a review of it on my blog. (checked at the store; it is 24,90 HRK/4.25 $/3.20 Euros/2.4 GBP for 200 ml)

That is all from me for now.

Tell me... Have you tried this product? Did you like it? Will you buy it?

Looking forward to your comments...


Love, beautyandbrains007!

2 comments:

  1. Hey... Nice review. Although, you are not supposed to use dry shampoo on the lengths of your hair. You should only use it on your roots. It's the roots that get oily after all, not the lengths. Also I'm sure the dry shampoo can be bad for your lengths since it contains so much alcohol in it.
    So if you only use it on your roots, it should last a while, regardless of hair length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you for taking the time to read my review and leave a comment. This is why I liked the idea of creating my own blog. It is nice to hear something that I haven't thought about myself. I am using it 95% only on my roots but you are right about alcohol. Fortunately, I haven't used it since, because that smell is killing me!
      Have a nice day and a great weekend!!!

      beautyandbrains007

      Delete