Saturday 25 April 2015

La Roche-Posay physiological micellar solution (with La Roche-Posay thermal spring water)

In my February Favourites (here) I mentioned a couple of new beauty products that became a part of my daily routine and wowed me! Among them, there was a new micellar solution that I tried from La Roche-Posay. Since it was mentioned in my Favourites before, you already know the tone of this review but if you want to find out more about the product itself, just keep on reading.


La Roche-Posay physiological micellar solution is ment for sensitive skin and it gently cleanses face, eyes and lips. It is paraben-free, non comedogenic and it doesn't contain alcohol, colours or soap.


It comes in a clear, plastic bottle with a cap on top (which closes well so it is good for traveling), with only a few blue LRP details. It comes in two sizes, mine is 400 ml/13.5 fl.oz. and costs around 108 kn (about 14 Euros/10 GBP/15 $), and a smaller 200 ml bottle which costs 81 kn (about 10 Euros/7 GBP/11 $). I got mine as a Christmas present.


I don't know why, but I was not planning to try out this micellar solution, although LRP really has many great products! I guess that after an army of micellar solutions that I already tested Vichy (review), Bioderma (review) which were great , Gatineu- which was craaazy expensive, awful and stung my eyes, from a more high-end range and after finding a great one from Garnier (review) in a drugstore range, I probably thought that micellar solutions chapter was closed, but boy, was I wrong?! LRP micellar solution is fantastic and, to me, perhaps even a little bit better than Bioderma's version.


It is great for removing makeup at the end of the day, even from more sensitive parts of the face like eyes and lips. I also didn't notice any scent, it didn't sting my eyes at all and I was able to remove waterproof mascara with it as well. Just use Lisa Eldrige method, which you all probably know by now, but I am going to write it again. Take a cotton pad soaked in this micellar solution or makeup remover of your choice and put it on your closed eyes. Hold it there for a while and then with gentle motions remove the makeup. The time you hold it on your eyes will help the product to dissolve the formula of your makeup. Although you don't have to wash your face after this micellar solution, I do. For me, micellar solutions (this included) are just a step in my routine, and I use them solely for removing makeup but after them I always wash my face, use a toner and follow with my oils, creams or serums. But I can say that this product acted well on my combination to oily skin and it didn't irritate it or dried it out on any areas of my face, even on my more sensitive eye area. 

list of ingredients
For me, this is an amazing product which I would recommend you all to try! I didn't buy a new bottle yet, because I have some Garnier ones that I have to finish first, but I will definitely buy LRP micellar solution again!

Have you tried this micellar solution? If yes, how did you like it? Which is your favourite LRP product?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007


For Croatian version of this post click here

No comments:

Post a Comment