Sunday 14 September 2014

Love Lush: Helping Hands hand cream

During one of my shopping frenzies in Lush last year, I bought a Think pink set- here, where I got a 10g  tin box with a Helping Hand hand cream inside.


When I first laid my eyes on it I was enchanted by its rosy colour... Yes, sometimes us women really get carried away with a look of something or someone. That is how we end up with handsome but stupid men. Totally off topic. On the other side, it was a bit weird in texture. Something between gel consistency and rich body butter?! I must admit that this teeny-tiny size lasted me for quite some time because this cream is very rich and I would say oily, which means that you need the smallest amount for your hands.


Pfff! I heard and read amazing things about this cream, how light and non-greasy it is, but still so nourishing for the skin in which it sinks and disappears without any residue...


My opinion is quite the opposite. Yes, at first glance it seems nourishing, but it is most definitely greasy and it definitely leaves an oily reside after application. With all mentioned above, I applied it only before going to bed. For me, it is not the most handy cream for busy days.


Since it is quite heavy and greasy, one would think that it nourishes the skin. I don't know what to say to that? It is not the worst cream, it nourished my hands until morning but during the day it was like I never applied it. So, not a miracle cream also. For me, this is a mediocre hand cream with a tough, yet less expensive competition at the drustores.


Ingredients:
Chamomile Water (Anthemis nobilis), Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Triethanolamine, Honey (Mel), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Fragrance, Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.


Chamomile, almond, shea butter and marigold.... I must admit that I am surprised with its lack of magic?!


How Lush describes it:
The name says it all. Our miracle-working, calming chamomile and cocoa butter cream has been saving hands worldwide for years. It’s perfect for people who work with their hands and suffer from dry, chapped skin as a result. Soothing honey, moisturizing oils and nourishing butters help to protect and care for hardworking hands and make them soft and flexible once again. You might be a person who thinks that hand cream is merely one more non-essential thing to spend your money on. Give your hands a little help; smooth some on and feel the difference it makes.
  • Handy helper: Soothes sore hands with a powerful mixture of marigold and lavender oils.
  • Softens you up: Shea butter and almond oil are effective emollients, proven to moisturize and keep skin soft.
  • What's Linseed Mucilage?: Linseeds swell when exposed to water. Rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, the gel helps to protect the skin.

And my thoughts about its scent... Well. it is unusual, not bad but a bit unusual. A mixture of citrus and Lush shop scent, with a hint of clay. I know I probably won you over with these words.... But, if you have tried or smelled this cream, please write how you experienced its smell. I must say one more time that to me its smell wasn't bad or offensive, but I do think that it is a bit strong and if you don't like it, you will hate this cream.


If you decide to buy this cream you can find it in Lush shops. In Croatia a 100 g plastic pot will cost you 84 kunas, around 11 Eura, 8.79 GBP, 14 $. Mine is in a small tin, but it usually comes in plastic pots which are recyclable. It is possible to get it in a bottle with a pump, also.

To sum up: this wasn't the best or the worst cream I have ever tried, and if I get it again in some kind of set I'll use it up, but I will not be buying this cream for what it is for sure.

What about you? Have you tried it? Interested?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007







No comments:

Post a Comment