Monday 31 March 2014

LUSH OF THE WEEK: Rose Queen i Creamy Candy

There was an absence of Lush posts here on my blog, so I decided to change that by reviewing two products in this post. Both are bath products, but with a very different performance. Lush Rose Queen ballistic and Lush Creamy Candy bubble bar. If you have noticed the pink theme, well...it is intentional. Both of these were a part of a Think Pink box that I bought during Christmas 50% off sale, which I wrote about here.


To me, the name Rose Queen immediately takes me to the Buckingham palace and the Queen of England. That is the reason that I took photos of it with an afternoon tea time set. Don't mind that mine has tulips all over... You get where I was going with that?!


So... Rose Queen is a round pink ball marbled with white, and with a piece of baby blue at the top that reveals its inside. I don't recommend cutting it in half but for the purposes of this post I did it. It has a baby blue interior with glitter and looks really cute. Unlike bubble bars that are great for two or more baths, depending on a size of them, ballistics are best if used all at once.


You will get a 90 g ball for 32 kunas here in Croatia (4.18 Euros/3.46 GBP/5.77 $). Quite a lot for one bath but we all know that Lush isn't cheap.


You can read below how to use it. But you have to start with bathtub and water.


For me, Lush ballistics are a fireworks of colours and beautiful scents. Well, some of them. This particular one was rose scented and you could smell it by puting it directly under the nose but in the tub, NOTHING! I called my husband to smell it because I had a cold, but he didn't smell anything either. So, colours- PLUS, smell- MINUS.

first contact with water
developing

For all of you who are new to ballistics, colours and scents are all you will get. Ballistics aren't made to provide rich foam and that is why I personally don't buy them often. I usually get them in sets.

a hint of blue

How Lush describes it:
Whenever you need a little lift, indulge in a Rose Queen bath. Its light, floral fragrance and effect on your bathwater will help you escape to the country, while rose absolute quenches thirsty skin. The bomb is filled with petals including blue mallow, tiger lily, honeysuckle, apple blossom and amaranth flower, which swirl around you in rosy pink water. 


I wanted more pink in my water so I added some Melting Marshmallow Moment- luxury bath melt, which I already reviewed here. I also have to say that the fireworks of colours is concentrated to a smaller part and I really wasn't impressed with this one. Wouldn't buy it again and, naturally, don't recommend you to get it.

you can see how it concentrates in the tub
Rose Queen ingredients

Creamy Candy bubble bar is a complete opposite which would be more likely for me to get.


It is a cylindrical bar with a little flower on top. Mine fell off somewhere in the box and since the box looks like this...


I didn't find it.


A 100g Creamy Candy bar will cost you 31 kunas (about 4.05 Euros/3.36 GBP/5.59 $) and since you can cut it in two pieces which will still give you luxurious baths, it is a better deal than the ballistic. If you are into rich foams, don't cut it in more than two pieces (not this one).


To get the best experience, crumble it under running water and then leave your bathtub to fill, forming rich foam.


Unlike the Rose Queen, Creamy Candy has a strong but not overpowering scent. It is marketed as vanilla scented bar but to me it is a warm almond scent softened with a hint of cocoa and vanilla. It actually reminds me of L'Occitane's almond body oil.


How Lush describes it:
If you’d normally reach for a sweet treat to lift your mood, this bubble bar does just the job. Its sweet candy floss smell raises your energy levels and perks you up. It also offers extra moisturisation than the average bubble bar as it has a blend of almond and cocoa butter. Creamy Candy contains almond oil and butter chunks that melt onto the surface of the water, giving skin a velvety texture.

starting point

I used half of the bar and it formed nice and rich foam. If you have massage bathtub it will be even more rich and luxurious. This bubble bar also contains oils so it won't dry out your skin. I suggest to put some cream or lotion onto your skin after your bath, but this  bubble bar will not leave your skin completely dry.

quite nice foam

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Tartaric acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Theobroma cacao, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth 4, Perfume, Prunus dulcis, Cocamide DEA, Fair Trade apsolut vanilije, Methyl Ionone, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Candy Flowers


Although I like this bubble bar, I suggest to try it in the shop first, just to see if you like the scent. If you like it, try it. This is not my favourite Lush bubble bar, but it has my approval.

You can also order Lush online, it has stores worldwide- LINK. Another thing I love about Lush is that they are cruelty free brand, so a HUGE PLUS for that!!!

What about you? Are you a bubble bar or ballistic type? What is your favourite Lush bath product?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

2 comments: