Friday 22 February 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish- Through the Grapevine (208B)

I am a person who wears a lot of nail polishes all the time (not at the same time) so it's a pity that I don't write about them more often. Today, I'll tell you about a nail polish that is worth mentioning.

                                          Wet n Wild- Through the Grapevine


Wet n Wild- Through the Grapevine is a wonderful shade of purple/scarlet colour. I am not the best in describing, but it is a colour of ripe grape. It is pigmented and opaque even in one layer. One layer is enough and I recommend to stop there because your manicure will last longer. I coloured my nails with two layers without base or top coat because I wanted to see if there was any difference and to be honest, there almost wasn't any.

artificial light with no flash

I bought it from nonpareilboutique, an online site that I recommend. I am not affiliated with them in any way. They offer Paypal, you must pay INT Shipping which is from $7-$10 (depending on weight of the package) and it comes to Croatia in three weeks max.
The polish itself costs $1.99 for 13.5 ml/0.45 fl.oz. of product.
I must say that this is an amazing polish, especially for the price. It has a thick consistency but goes on nicely and smoothly. It doesn't dry immediately but it doesn't take too long, either. I usually apply it in the evening, about an hour before I go to bed and it is fine. That doesn't mean that I don't do anything in that hour, but I don't have any imprints from my sheets or pillows in the morning.
It is shiny on its own and you don't need a top coat.


It is quite long lasting. I use my hands as a tool all the time and it lasts two days without any chipping, then I apply another coat to make it perfect again and that helps it for another two days. But, keep in mind that I don't tolerate any chipping on my nails. I take it off immediately if it is not tidy anymore.


The first one I tried from the Wet n Wild's Megalast collection was I Need a Refresh- Mint (click for review) . It spilled in my package and ruined the other bottles a little bit but the product itself wasn't affected.

Through the Grapevine doesn't contain toluene and phthalate.


I am not crazy about this brush because it is a bit too big but, surprisingly, it wasn't hard to work with.

to see how big it is
And would I buy it again? ABSOLUTELY YES!

What do you say? Do you own any Wet n Wild nail polishes? Do you like this one?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007


No comments:

Post a Comment