Wednesday 8 August 2012

Smart girls get more/limited edition nail polish, shade 47 (collection for spring/summer 2012)


These polishes were released at the beginning of spring (this year) but I noticed them a couple of days ago while browsing through DM. Sure, I have heard for smart girls get more nail polishes but never purchased them before. These shades are so me for this season that I really can't belive that I've noticed them only now. Weird?!
I bought some but didn't go crazy (due to the lack of knowledge about this brand and quality) so when I came home, I looked for swatches on the internet and couldn't find many and decided to post swatches of my choices.

I chose only two shades.

number 47 (yellow) and 48 (orange)

 This post will be about yellow shade, number 47.

without flash it looks more like in person

with flash it looks like a neon shade, but it's not


I don't know why, but I really wanted a yellow shade in my collection. I don't own any other. I guess that the summer and the sun helped me to decide. I was so driven to this colour. It was my first choice.
Also, these polishes are quite affordable. A 5.5 ml bottle will cost you around $2/1 GBP/1.5 Euros. That is not bad but you have to keep in mind that this is not a full size bottle which usually contain around 15 ml of product. So, if that was the case, a full size bottle would be triple the price, making it not as affordable. It still wouldn't be expensive but you know what I mean.
On the other hand, smart girls get more polishes (hence the name) should offer us unusual colours that are in trend. That way we can get colours that we want at the moment and wear them until we get bored, or if we don't like the colour, we will not be sad about wasting our money. Of course, no one wants to do that, but if you pay less, it hurts less.

one coat

You can click on the picture for a better view, but you can see that this wasn't very promising. It is streaky and uneven. I decided to give it another chance and added a second coat.


This was much better. The colour became more intense and similar to the bottle. Not bad, especially because I haven't applied a white polish underneath. I only applied a neutral base coat, as I always do.

three coats

Three coats really got me interested. They were nice and opaque. The polish had such a shiny finish that it really didn't need a top coat for shine. I applied seche vite on top but only because I wanted to see if it will make a difference (and it didn't do a big difference as far as shine is concerned, it made a difference for longevity of the polish).

three coats plus seche vite

The formula is OK. Not thick or watery. Normal.
It looks streaky at first but with every new layer it looks prettier. On the plus side, it dries quickly so adding layers won't be that bad. You will still reach for this polish.
The brush is smaller, just like the bottle but that doesn't affect its performance. It is nice to work with.


With seche vite on top, it lasted for three days.

Ingredients: ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, acetyl tributyl citrate, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimelltic anhydride copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, stearalkonium hectorite, citric acid (+/-) mica, polyethylene terephtalate.

My first impression for these polishes is: not bad. I will buy one more (the green shade). Rest of them I'll probably skip since I have versions of those colours in my collection already.

What about you? Seen them? Have any? Would you wear this colour?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007



No comments:

Post a Comment