Tuesday 21 August 2012

Smart girls get more/limited edition nail polish, shade 48 (collection for spring/summer 2012)

 It is time for a new smart girls get more polish review. Very simple. This is a collection for spring and summer so I have to hurry with my reviews.


I bought my polishes at DM. They cost 11,90 kunas which is about $2/1,19 GBP/1.50 Euros, and you get 5.5 ml of polish. This shade was my second choice (if you want to know how I feel about yellow shade from the same line, click here) when I first came across this polishes and I would have never bought it, if I hadn't seen it on a woman while standing in a long line at the post office. She had it on her toes and it looked beautiful!
Since this is a pumpkin colour nail polish, this would be nice for fall, too. It goes great with beige and brown clothes. Not very neutral shade but still very wearable.

the colour looks brighter on the photo


I had a base coat and painted the first layer. It looked awful! Streaky and uneven. My nails were a mess! I was so dissapointed but didn't stop there.

without flash it doesn't look bad
the flash shows all the flaws

The second layer was a different story. Surprise! This is actually a nice polish.

two layers without flash (very shiny finish)
two layers with flash

Two layers were nice but I went for a third one. I wanted a completely opaque look and got it with ome more layer. As I wrote before, this polish has a very shiny finish. You don't need a top coat to add shine.

3 layers without flash
3 layers with flash

This polish is very creamy and shiny. It dries quickly, just like the yellow one. Since it was so shiny, I decided to leave out the top coat (seche vite). That was also a good chance to test out the quality of the polish. And.... It wasn't as durable as the yellow one (which lasted 3 days with seche vite). This one started to chip after 24 hours. I wasn't thrilled with that.
I bought other smart girls get more polishes and this one wasn't the worst, but except for the yellow one, none of them was long lasting. At  least not without a base and a top coat. If you apply them, you'll be OK, but without them....don't bother.

The brush is small but easy to manage.


Ingredients: ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, acetyl tributyl citrate, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimelltic anhydride copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, stearalkonium hectorite, citric acid (+/-) mica, polyethylene terephtalate.

Final thoughts:
this is a nice polish but with a exception of yellow one, all the other colours that I have bought weren't long lasting. I feel I have to say that because I don't want you to go out and buy a bunch of shades and than discover that your polish gets all messy too soon.
The colour selection is beautiful but I am not sure about the formula.

What about you? Have you tried some of this polishes? Did you like them? Do you agree/disagree with me?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007


Autumn edition 28.9.2012.:
As I thought, this is a perfect fall colour. I had it on my hands a couple of days ago and it was lovely. This time I was prepared for the fact that on its own, this polish doesn't have the greatest staying power. I started with a base coat and finished with seche vite on top. The manicure looked perfect for about 3 or 4 days (lets say 3 and a half). Just wanted you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment