Wednesday 1 August 2012

ORTIS FERO VITAL Liquid Iron



Hey everyone!

I know. I know. I am not too regular with my posts but hey, it's summer. Yes, not a very good excuse but my brain is taking some time off.

It is a new month, new week and a new day.

I finally decided to write a review for one of the products from my DM haul. 
Perhaps not very attractive topic but I wanted to write my opinion on it. This is going to be a shorter post, not very science based but you'll see how I feel about it.
You probably noticed that I am not writing a lot of makeup related posts. The reason is very simple. I am not wearing a lot of makeup. It is just too HOT! There are some days when I make myself to put on some makeup, because I am a makeup addict, but then...when I get out in the sun and everything starts melting of....then I remind myself that true beauty comes within ;)...

It is liquid iron time!!!


It could be wise to start with all the facts about this product.

It is useful if you tend to be anemic. It is sold in drugstores (I bought it at DM) and you don't need a prescription to buy it. BUT, it is only a supplement. You have to eat well while taking it.
It is a syrup and comes in 250 ml glass bottle. It has a cap with measures on it but I just use my soup spoon to take it. That is recommended dose for adults and children older than 8. You take it before your main meal and there is enough syrup for 25 days.


The colour of the syrup is dark brown and it contains B vitamins (B2 and B6) and folic acid.

Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin, contributes to the beauty of your skin, hair and nails. It is also essential for nerves and eyes health. It is present in eggs, cheese, brocula, yogurt...
Vitamin B6 is important for immune system and metabolism. It is present in fish, poultry, bananas, brown rice... If you don't have enough vitamin B6 in your body, that can result with acne and skin inflammations.
Folic acid (vitamin B9) is also important for the beauty of your skin, hair and nails, as well for the health of your blood and nerves. It is present in eggs, fish, leafy green vegetables, green beans...

nutrition values

Ingredients: fructose, apple and plum juice concentrate, blueberry juice, ferrous gluconate, dried large nettle leaf extract (Urtica dioica 16.6 mg/10 ml, riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine-hydrochloride (B6), cyanocobalamin (B12), folic acid, maltodextrin.

And now, me:
It is not that it is a bad product, or it will harm you. No, that is not the case. It will actually help you if you are anemic. In any case, I am not a doctor and would advise you to ask your doctor prior trying this one. On the other hand, it is sold without any prescription so I don't think that it can be harmfull. To be sure- PLEASE, consult your doctor before you start taking it.

I hate the smell and the taste of this one!!! I T  I S  H O R R I B L E!!! It tastes exactly like it is called- liquid iron... It is like you are chewing your keys or some other piece of metal which was priorly soaked in some artificial sugar...and it stays in your mouth for so long. I spilled a little bit into my kitchen sink and it was disgusting. The smell was so strong. You can take it with some juice or water but I don't. I found peace with this one. I take my dose, stop breathing for a while and then drink some herbal tea or coffee to hide both the taste and the smell. I will use it up, but I will also never buy it again. If I'll have to take some iron, I will ask for pills. I am done with this one.

You can find it in DM and it costs about $18/13 Euros/10 GBP.

What do you say? Interested? Not interested?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007


No comments:

Post a Comment