Tuesday 19 June 2012

John Frieda Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner


Again with the Hair?! I can't help myself... It is my thing.

It seemed smart to review this products before finishing them up since I mentioned them in my Semi di Lino Diamante hair mask post (click on it for link).


As always, this is my personal opinion based on my experience. Having that said, I hope it will help you decide whether you want to try this product or not?! My hair is straight and greasy. When I was a teen it was blonde but as I get older it changes the colour, turning darker. It seems that I will not turn gray, I will become dark haired.
Since I am quite fair, blonde hair is the best option for me so I get it highlighted. All of you, with colour treated blonde hair, know how hard it is to keep it healthy. I must admit that I am successful with that but I flirt with a lot of different hair products because when my hair gets used to something, that is the end. That product won't work for me anymore.
I started using John Frieda products two years ago and must say they are nice and I do enjoy them. This duo I found on sale and since these products are more expensive, I decided that it was the right time to test them out. You can find them everywhere (at least in Croatia), in any drugstore or department stores.
They are 65 kn/13 USD/6.5 GBP/almost 9 Euros for 250 ml of product.

They are good quality products but I haven't noticed that they help with my roots getting lighter. I don't know if they think that they will keep rest of the hair light, but don't think so. If you get your hair professionally done, the colour will be fine. The roots are going to be a chalenge. For me, they didn't perform well. They are really nice shampoo and conditioner if you are only looking for regular products.


conditioner ingredients

It is marketed as a help between colouring your hair. It should lighten your roots making them less visible. Not sure about that. But, it is a good conditioner that will help you with combing out the hair, keeping it healthy and shiny. It might work better for people with lighter hair? If you are one of them, plese tell us.


how it is marketed
shampoo ingredients

The Go Blonder shampoo has a very light consistency but it does a good job. You will need a small amount of product to wash your hair, it foams up surprisingly well and all in all is a nice product. But it is not innovative in any way so I think you can find this type of product for a lot less money.

And now, the big question?
Will I buy them again? Honestly, I don't think so. They are nice products but haven't earned a "holy grail" status. If I would grade them from 1 to 5 (on is bad and five excellent) this would be a three. Not good enough to make me reach for my wallet.

What do you think? Did they work better/worse for you?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment