Wednesday 13 June 2012

Shocking pink (neon)..........China Glaze nail polish

 I warned you. I am all into neon polishes this year! And this is a neon.


It should have been clear to me that this one is a screamer!!!! as soon as I saw the name. But...I am a blonde, so I wasn't listening and now I am writing this post holding Shocking pink in my hands.
No. This isn't a bad polish but it is SHOCKING! My skin tone is quite pale so it seems even more shocking on me. I suppose it will look better more into summer?!

It was so funny to me when a couple of days ago my mother saw me wearing this polish on my toes and said:" WOW... Your feet. This one is really bright! I mean...it is not bad but it is so pink?!" I don't know what to think about that reaction (I told you I was blonde), I will wear it but probably not as often.


Don't think that this is not worth buying. Because with a right skin tone and additude this is perfect. It is just the fact that I am the queen of french manicure and neutral nail polishes, so people around me are not used to seeing this much colour on me. This is a good polish. And it is just what it says it is. Shocking pink neon nail polish.

one coat/daylight/no flash

One coat will not be enough, two is much better but I wouldn't stop there.

two coats/daylight/no flash

Three are ideal in my opinion.

three coats/daylight/no flash

Since it has a matte finish, for extra shine I added Seche Vite as a top coat. My manicure is a bit messy because I didn't like how it looked on my hands, so I took pictures and removed it after that. I wanted you to see the colour. Honestly, it is a nice colour but a bit too much for my profession. It looked like the colour was wearing me and not the other way around. I don't want my hands to shout HEY YOU! YEAH YOU. I AM TALKING TO YOU. WATCH MY HANDS, YOU!

three coats + seche vite/ daylight/no flash
with flash

So this is my conlusion. It is a nice and extremely fun polish, great for every girl on a summer break, perhaps a bit too loud for corporate world (weekends excluded). The quality is great, it has a nice, easy to use brush, and if you are young or bold enough, you will love it! I am not sure that I am in that category but it will be my companion on the beach. Maybe I will even wear it during winter to bring some sun and summer feeling into my life when it is cold and grey outside?!
And for my hands... I think that the chemistry between them and this polish is over.


This is a 14 ml/.5 fl.oz bottle that I bought on ebay for 7$.

What do you say? Do you like it?

Tell me....

Love, beautyandbrains007

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Going to eBay to buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it. To be honest, it grew on me, too. I am also going to write a post about Flip Flop fantasy which is more coral coloured. For some reason, although it also draws attention, it maches my skin tone perfectly...
      Please let me know how you like it.

      Thank you for taking the time to read my post and write a comment.

      Have a nice day!

      beautyandbrains007

      Delete