Sunday 24 July 2016

I've been busy.... My June 2016. Empties

Hi Girls, I am happy to be here with you today to show you my beauty recycle bin. Sounds much better than trash can, right?! ;) :) But it really is a recycle bin. Since some of you who enjoy beauty world as I do, like to see what people manage to go through, I will start with actual Empties!


It is not strange that this time of year, I mostly finished cleansing products.


As always, all my products are divided into categories. Here you can see body care products which I also divided into two groups: Hair and Body.


In my body care category, it seems that hydration was the main thing. I decided to finish some body creams and lotions which I received in various beauty boxes, so here you can see travel size Clarins Eau des Jardins Smoothing body cream from last year's Selfridges Summer Beauty Box. This cream was OK, light, more as a body milk, but it wasn't revolutionary and since it has a higher price tag, I say pass. There are a lot more wallet friendly options which are as good or better! Another beauty box find was Bliss FatGirlSlim Firming cream. This was a strange product. With its colour and texture, it is more like a gel, but not completely, because it is very liquidy. So much, that you have to be careful when opening it. I didn't expect much from it, and there really wasn't enough product to know if it works, but all in all I wasn't impressed and I will not be buying it. 
And then there is Balea In Shower Vanilla Body Milk. I don't know how many times have I mentioned this on my blog? But the point is that this is a wonderful product, especially for lazy or/and tired evenings. I love it and recommend it! If you want to know more about it, you can read my review here.
In the end, I also finished The Afrodita Mystic Argan duo - body shower and body milk. Afrodita has a lot of nice products, these ones included. They smell soft and nice, are efficient (although body milk might be too light for really dry skin types) and I enjoyed using them.


Still kind off in the Body Category, but not really. :) I finished two hair care products. I mentioned Batiste Strenght & Shine dry shampoo so many times that you probably know how much I love it. It is a cult and must-have product for me! If you want to know more about it, you can read my review on it - here. I also finished a pot of The Pantene Pro-V Colour Therapy Intensive Repair hair mask. An OK product, nowhere near the Batiste status but it was fine. I wouldn't buy again, though.


There is a nice crowd in my face care products Empties as well.


There is an obvious cleansing theme in my face care products category. I tried and finished Biobaza (Croatian brand) Beauty Gentle Cleansing Gel for sensitive skin with chamomile and zinc. It was fine, it wasn't drying for my combination to oily skin and I wouldn't mind owning it again. The Olival toner with immortelle isn't a new find for me. I like it very much and I don't know how many bottles of it I finished? If your skin is combination to oily, and you get a chance to visit Croatia, try it out! Another great product that I tried and finished is The Straskin Instaglam Foaming Peeling Perfection Puf. I tried it out just when I needed it and it helped my skin to recover from a very unhappy post acne period. It wiped out all the scaring and left me with a beautiful and healthy looking skin. I recommend it and I already bought a new one, just in case. If you are interested in more details about it, you can check my review here.


After good cleansing, sometimes you need a bit more pampering. That is when I reach for face masks, and evidentely, I've done that many times during June. They were all meant for different purposes. From these three, my personal favourite was The Nuxe Creme Fraiche hydrating face mask. It is a wonderful choice for any time of year when you have to batlle with dry parts on your face. But I did use it more often during winter. It helps with dryness from the first application and makes skin look more vibrant and healthy. I also used up The Olival Immortelle Nourishing face mask which is Ok, but not as good as the above mentioned toner from the same line. It doesn't nourish as much as I would like to, and in my opinion, Nuxe is a better option. The last one from this bunch is Avon Planet Spa Rhassoul Clarifying face mask. It wasn't bad, but for this type of face mask I would rather choose something like Lush Mask of Magnaminty (review).


And in the last, probably most exciting, makeup category there is only one but great product - L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation, which was an awesome find and I enjoyed it very much! And yes, I would buy it again.

What did you finish in June? Have you tried any of my Empties?


Tell me...


Love, beautyandbrains007


For Croatian version of this post click here

4 comments:

  1. You managed to finish quite a lot of stuff. Happy start into a new week, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was quite busy ;) Thank you, dear Lenya <3 I wish a great week to you as well :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post and pictures! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete