Saturday 4 June 2016

The Cult Beauty Box by Anna & Lily

Cult beauty is an online beauty store which, I am sure, most of you are already familiar with. It offers loads of beauty stuff, and I am currently on the watch for the new LE Jaclyn Hill Champagne collection. But today I will talk about a beauty box which Cult Beauty created with two very well known British bloggers and youtubers Anna and Lily. Girls are great but one of the products inside of this box made me buy it, since the Box is a "bit" pricey (85 GBP). But at the same time, it also isn't, since it is packed with great, high-end stuff.


I guess most of you will know which product made me buy it? ;)


But let me start from the beginning. The Box itself is almost typical for British bloggers. It seems that white and black/gray marble is everywhere (I am not complaining), so the box looks like it is marble, too. It houses 7 beauty products (just one makeup item), 5 of which are full-sized.


I'll start with my favourite thing from the box - Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping night oil. I've read and heard great things about it, so it is a mistery how I managed to resist an urge to buy it by now? Then again, since a full-size bottle of 30 ml will cost you 85 GBP, it really isn't such a mistery... In this box you get 15 ml, which is more than enough to see if this product is as good as everyone says?! I can't wait to start using it! It is retinol-rich and should be a great help for improving the overall appearance of your skin. It will "lessen visibility of lines and wrinkles, while correcting signs of damage caused by sun, time and everyday exposure to pollutants".


The other miniature is The BECCA Backlight Priming Filter in a small 6 ml/0.20 fl.oz. bottle. By Becca's claims, it is great for "dulled skin showing signs of fatigue. Ultra-subtle, ‘soft focus’ pigments blur the visibility of imperfections – refracting and diffusing light to lend skin a flawless, lit-from-within look – like somebody inside your head just switched a lamp on". A full-size 30 ml bottle costs 32 GBP.


And now full-size products!
I'll start with the strangest one, at least for me - Yu Ling Jade Facial Roller (medium). "This facial roller is made of pure Jade, a cleansing stone used in Chinese medicine for centuries to aid the body's filtration organs and lymph system to expel toxins. The original, medium sized roller is designed to use around the face and neck area to aid lymph drainage and blood flow, eliminating puffiness, toning facial muscles and plumping out wrinkles. You will also find that regular use minimises spots around the chin and jawline caused by toxin build-up." Jade is also a birthstone of Virgos and Libras. When using this roller, always work away from the nose area, roll across the forehead, cheeks, throat and décolletage area. This one alone will cost you 28 GBP.


I was personally also drawn to this box because of The Wet Brush as well. I tried a mini version that came in a Lookfantastic box (do you see a pattern? ;) ), and I liked it but it is too small for everyday use for my long, dense hair. This brush is supposed to be equally efficient on wet and dry hair. "Classic Wet Brush effortlessly detangles wet, or dry hair without stretching or breaking your delicate strands". This one costs around 12 GBP.


For me, Pixi is a new brand. Sure, I've heard and read about it before but haven't tried any of their products myself. So, the fact that I received a full size 80 ml/2.70 fl.oz. bottle of Pixi by Petra Hydrating Milky Mist really was exciting! "A featherweight, skin-nourishing spritz, Pixi’s Hydrating Milky Mist is brimming with hyaluronic acid, to attract water and maintain moisture levels. The perfect way to boost dewiness without suffocating your complexion, just mist over clean skin pre-serum or day cream, to ‘plump’ up parched cells and diminish fine lines for a luminous, youthful appearance. Refreshing and revitalising, a blend of black oat, provitamin A and linoleic acid then works to reduce redness and sooth irritation, for skin that feels calm and contented." This bottle costs 18 GBP.


The only makeup item in the box is STILA Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid eye liner in the shade Intense Black. You get a full-size liner 0.016 fl.oz./0.5 ml which costs 13 GBP. It should be very nice, black and longlasting. I will let you know how it performed for me.


Lastly, but not less important, you also get The OSKIA RENAISSANCE Cleansing gel with Vitamins A, C and E, Omega 6, Pumpkin Enzymes, Chamomile & Rose. There is a lot of  hype about it at the moment and since a 100 ml/3.38 fl.oz. (which you get in this box) costs 29.50 GBP, I am very happy that I received it and have a chance to try it out.


So, my Dears...that is it for this box. Since it was a Limited edition, it is sold out, but if you are interested in something similar there is a Caroline Hirons version available now for 175 GBP, which I will skip. Can you guess why?

How do you like this box? Have you tried any of these? What is your favourite thing from the box?

Tell me...


Love, beautyandbrains007



For Croatian version of this post click here

2 comments:

  1. J'aime! Thanks for sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete