Sunday 22 February 2015

Avon Naturals Shimmering Winterberry & Shea Swirl body lotion

Looking back now, it seems that Avon had its fair share of reviews on my blog recently, but believe me, I am not affiliated with them, I am not even an Avon Lady and the fact that they got their place here is a result of my quite big Avon haul back in October of 2014. So, now I am trying and using up their stuff, and occasionally writing about them on my blog. I was planning to write about a different product but then I saw this lotion in their current campaign marked as a "Last time offering" and decided that this kid needs to have its own place here. Let me introduce you to Avon Naturals Shimmering Winterberry & Shea Swirl body lotion.


Let me tell you a little about it...


It comes in a 150 ml plastic tube with quite a big opening on the top. You can see through it that it consists of two different parts/colours: salmon and beige, and that is where it swirl part of the name comes from. The bottle itself also has a swirl theme. The lotion has very small golden particles which are barely visible on the skin, but they can dazzle you long time after applying it. OK, maybe not dazzle but you will be surprised to see them on your skin after many hours.


Its smell is a beautiful berry with some spices, somewhere in the back. It is very intense but not overpowering and if you are into berry scented body care you will love this one! I DO!!!

I didn't manage to capture the glittery part (it is very subtle)

It has a very light texture so application is extremely easy, although the fact that it is so light doesn't mean that it lacks the power of hydratation and/or nourishing. It contains shea butter and vitamins C and E, which will take a good care of your body skin if it isn't too dry. If your skin is extremely dry, then maybe this will be a bit too light for you.


I don't know if you can't tell, but I really really like this product! First of all the scent is just sweet and fresh enough at the same time, the way I like it. It is very light, not too greasy but offers care for the skin. The fact that it comes in two colours makes it fun for me, and the fact that it also has fine glitter partcles makes it a bit princess like, again the way I like it. A combination of princess and fairy dust but so subtle that almost no one can see it outside your kingdom. Then again..you know it is there.


You can order it from Avon and unfortunately it says there that this is its last time in their catalogue. I paid about 25 kunas for it  (about 3 EUR/2.60 GBP/3.50 $), its full price is 45 kunas (about 6 EUR/4.30 GBP/6.66 $), and it is now marked down to 27 kunas (about 3.53 EUR/2.60 GBP/4 $).


What can I tell you? I don't often get this excited about a body lotion but this has it all for me...


What do you say? Interested? Tried it already?

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

1 comment: