Sunday 16 November 2014

LUSH Turkish Delight shower smoothie

Shower smoothie? Let me try to explain. It is a shower product that washes your body but much richer in texture than body cream or gel. It contains many nourishing oils (coconut and almond oil, as well as cocoa butter) which will leave your skin soft and smooth... Get it? Smooth. I would say that it is a soft and velvety soap.


To me, it smells like a freshly cut turkish rose, but the smell although very rose scented is also very clean and elegant. Even if you are not very fond of rose scents, I think that this one won't bother you. As I already said, its texture is buttery and heavy but in contact with water it soon becomes lighter and silky.
The idea behind this product is to offer a very nourishing product, full of rich oils which will take care of dry and sensitive skin. You should apply it on wet skin, rub it in, leave it on for a few seconds and then rinse off. My skin is normal and to be honest, it was squeaky clean after turkish delight. It didn't dry my skin out but I haven't really noticed all of these oils or butters listed in the ingredients.

ingredients

This is how Lush describes it:
"A decadent shower cleanser to leave you feeling soft and smelling of roses. We've packed this gentle wash full of delicate damask roses as well as rich cocoa butter and almond oil to leave you feeling soft all over. Scoop this out of the pot and work all over your body before rinsing off in the shower or bath. It’s so thick, a little goes a long way."


I've read many reviews of this product and they were all raves about how good it was... But for me, it was just OK. With its price tag and all the ingredients, honestly, I expected more. If you are interested in this product, you can buy it on Lush sites worldwide or go to their store, which I recommend just to be safe that you like its scent. In Croatia it comes in a plastic recyclable 200 g pot which costs 174 kunas (about 28.42$, 22.86 Euros, 18.16 GBP). So, it is quite expensive! On the other hand, I had a 50 g pot that lasted me for more than a month, so a 200 g pot will last you a very long time. 



In my opinion, this is not a must have product but if you are interested in it, you are more than welcome to try it, and if you do, please let my know your impressions. And if you are wondering why my pot looks like it saw better times, I wiped some dust from bath bombs off with a wet cloth and this was the result.



What about you? Have you tried this product? Interested? Not for you? 

Tell me...

Love, beautyandbrains007

No comments:

Post a Comment