Thursday 25 April 2013

Schauma Cotton Fresh Dry Shampoo

Thanks to a reader of mine I found this shampoo and continued my long quest to find the best on out there, preferably, from a drugstore range. If she didn't tell me about it, I would have never seen it. I am not sure when Schwarzkopf launched them on the market but I didn't notice them at all. Now, I see them in DM and Müller here in Croatia. I am talking about this little guy.

Schauma cotton fresh dry shampoo
It comes in a 150 ml spray bottle and costs 24.90 kunas (about 2.76 GBP/$4.26/3.25 Euros). It wasn't easy to find at first but now I see it all the time at DM.
It promises an extra day of freshness and volume and is ment for normal and greasy hair.
Application is the same as for all the other dry shampoos. Comb out your hair than apply dry shampoo on smaller sections from a 20 cm distance, leave for a second and then comb out again. It is recommendable to put a towel on your shoulders while doing that to prevent staining your clothes but I didn't have any problems like that with this one.

Ingredients:
Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch, Alcohol Denat, Butane, Propane, Parfum, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol.


And now me:
- this is definitely a good quality product which adds freshness and volume; that one extra promised day will come true; but there was a difference when my hair got rained on, then it only helped so much to put my hair in a ponytail, and when I had a tipical second day hair as a person with hair which tends to get greasy quickly, then it allowed me to have my hair down looking fabulous!
- it does have a light white cast but nothing major, especially becuase it is easy to get rid of it by combing it out; and as I said, it won't stain your clothes
- I am not crazy about this smaller packaging (they usually come in a 200 ml bottle) because it gets empty really quickly, at least for me; I get five wears out of it and that is if I am saving it, it really gets empty in a blink of an eye but that makes it great for travelling
- the price is as others from a drugstore; it is cheaper than Batiste blush dry shampoo but you also get less product from Schauma so it evens out (the brown version for dark hair is more expensive)
- it has a smell of dry shampoos which I don't like but it is not as strong and long lasting as in Batiste one

Would I buy it again?
Yes, for travelling.

When I first tried it I was in love but when I went to get a new bottle, I couldn't find it so I tried another one and loved it! So, this one goes in a Batiste range which is not bad at all.

Which is your HG dry shampoo?

Tell me...

Love beautyandbrains007


My own list of best dry shampoos, so here it is (I've already reviewed them):
1. Batiste blush dry shampoo and Schauma Cotton Fresh dry shampoo- two best ones from my list, Schauma is even better but I don't like the size of the bottle and the fact that it gets used up quickly so I am putting these two to share their first place
2.Balea Trend it up dry shampoo- it is OK but not good enough to tell you that you just have to try it out; you get an extra day with it but just for a "clean" ponytail and its smell is less irritating than Balea blue dry shampoo and Syoss anti-grease one
3. Syoss anti-grease dry shampoo- hated that one; so so freshness, no volume and a horrible scent; I am putting Balea dry shampoo- the blue one in the same category because it will also fail its task if you don't put your hair in a ponytail but it doesn't stink as much

2 comments:

  1. Zanimljivo, ne znam da li ovo ima kod nas, nisam obratila pažnju.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vjerojatno ima. Nisam ga ni ja skužila dok mi gazdarica nije bacila bubu u uho.

      Delete